The City of Kalajoki Main Library and Himanka Library provide information and advice to visitors regarding matters related to the city. You can contact employees of the City of Kalajoki face-to-face, online or by telephone or post.
The city’s Main Library provides information on the city’s services. In addition to this, the Main Library provides the following services:
- Customers can pay invoices payable to the City of Kalajoki with cash
- Copying service (A4, A3)
- Reception desk for the City’s forms. You can leave any applications and other documents addressed to the City at the Library.
You can find the contact information of the City’s personnel on each service’s own page or by using the personnel search. The employees’ e-mail addresses primarily follow the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should not send any confidential or sensitive information, such as your personal identity code or bank account number, by e-mail.
If you are not certain under whose responsibility your matter falls in the City organisation, please contact our switchboard.
Services are available in Finnish and English.
Himanka joint service point
Himanka Library houses a joint service point that provides services of the city and KELA.
The city’s services:
- Advice and guidance in practical matters pertaining to the city’s residents and guidance regarding the city’s services.
- Pick-up and reception desk for the city’s forms. You can leave any applications and other documents addressed to the city at the desk.
- Customers can pay invoices payable to the City of Kalajoki with cash.
- Copying service (A3, A4)
- general guidance
- pick-up desk for brochures and forms
- reception of applications and appendices
Live chat service
The live customer service chat is available on our website Mon – Fri from 9 am to 9 pm.
Through the chat, customer service agents provide information on the City’s services, help customers navigate our website and collect feedback. The chat customer service agents provide services in Finnish and English.
The City of Kalajoki’s official e-mail address is email@example.com.
The Record Office is located at the City Hall. The Record Office records and processes all documents received and sent out by the city. Documents recorded by the Record Office include:
- citizen initiatives
- statements and requests for statements
- requests for answers and clarification
- invitations to tender and tenders
- announcements of open posts
The City of Kalajoki currently uses a decentralised record office. Any paper mail received by the city and any electronic documents sent to the Record Office’s e-mail address are forwarded to the secretaries/registrars of the administrative branches, who will enter the matters in the case management system. After this, the documents are forwarded to the persons handling the matter for possible further processing.
You can access registered documents by contacting the archive secretary.
Municipal announcements and notifications
All official announcements of the City of Kalajoki are displayed on the City Hall’s bulletin board and the city’s website. During the City Hall’s opening hours, the following are available on the official bulletin board:
- the City of Kalajoki’s own public notifications and announcements
- notifications and announcements by other authorities that pertain to Kalajoki or its residents
- other official bulletins