The following recommendations and restrictions shall enter into force in Kalajoki on 31 May 2021, provided that the COVID-19 situation does not change substantially before that.
- The number of participants at indoor and outdoor public events is limited to 50 persons by the decision of the Regional State Administrative Agency. Special measures must be taken in the organisation of events of more than 50 people.
- We recommend the number of participants at private events to be limited to 20 persons. Private events must comply with the COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Graduation parties should be kept small with only the closest family and friends present (less than 20 persons). This makes contact tracing easier. It is recommended to stagger guest reception at parties. Do not attend a party if you have even mild cold symptoms.
- The library, Virta-sali, Ventelä house, museums, sports and fitness facilities, and exhibition facilities will reopen on 31 May 2021. Café Kirja will reopen on 1 June 2021. The assembly restrictions must be followed in public facilities.
- Spa SaniFani has reopened on 31 May 2021.
Group hobby activities
- Group hobby activities are allowed from 31 May 2021 onwards. The assembly restrictions issued by the Regional State Administrative Agency must be followed.
- Wherever possible, participants should keep a safe distance from others and wear a face mask during all indoor activities.
- Training and competition opportunities will be provided for competitive and top level athletes through special arrangements and restrictions. Matches and competitions for licensed athletes organised by sport associations is allowed, provided that the Regional State Administrative Agency’s assembly restrictions are followed.
- Youth centres will reopen on 31 May 2021. At youth centres, safety distances must be maintained and face masks must be worn.
Senior citizens and high-risk groups
- Think carefully before visiting elderly persons or persons who belong to a high-risk group. It is recommended to wear a face mask and maintain good hand hygiene during visits.
- If you want to visit an inpatient ward or a service housing unit, arrange the visit with the staff in advance.
- Visits to Maininki and Kaarnakoti are prohibited until 4 June 2021.
Recommendation for remote work and remote meeting practices
· All employees must work remotely insofar as possible.
· Remote meeting policies should be implemented as extensively as possible both at workplaces and for leisure meetings
Wearing a face mask is recommended to everyone over the age of 12, including those who have already been vaccinated, in the following situations:
- in public areas, such as stores and other facilities outside home
- in public transport (such as school transport) and when transporting people in high-risk groups
- in secondary schools (vocational schools and upper secondary schools), institutes of higher education and universities in the area
- in the upper stage comprehensive schools in the area
- in the lower stage comprehensive schools in the area (for pupils over the age of 12 in 5th and 6th grades)
- when going to get tested for COVID-19
- when returning to Finland from a high-risk country.
- You can also wear a face mask in any other situation where social distancing is not possible.
We are following the current Government guidelines.