Latest articles about coronavirus epidemic
Face mask usage recommended for all persons aged 15 and over.
- At all times in public transport and other public means of transport (such as taxis).
- At public events and facilities, such as stores and banks.
- At workplaces for all contact workers in all meetings and when moving about at the workplace.
- When using the City’s services, such as libraries or social and healthcare services.
- At secondary and higher education institutions, including upper secondary schools.
- For parents at early childhood education facilities, for example when bringing or picking up children.
- For early childhood education and other comprehensive education personnel indoors insofar as possible. Especially for persons moving across different locations in their work.
- For social service and healthcare personnel in patient and client work. The recommendation also applies to patients, family members, students and visitors.
- When seeking out coronavirus testing and before receiving the result, if going outside is indispensable.
- When entering Finland from a risk area and moving from the entry point to quarantine, or in cases in which going outside is indispensable during the quarantine.
- For upper comprehensive school pupils during the school day.
- In other situations in which close contact cannot be avoided.
HEALTH CARE SERVICES
Himanka Health Station operates as infection appointment unit (address: Kannuskyläntie 13, Himanka) on Mon-Thu 8 am–4 pm and on Fri 8 am – 3pm for all residents of Kalajoki and Merijärvi and also tourists visiting Kalajoki. The unit will ONLY see clients with flu symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, severe cold, earache, chest pain, muscle pain, breathing difficulties, diarrhea).
Patients with symptoms of infection should not come to the Kalajoki Health Center. Initial contact should always be established by phone: 044-4691502.
All other clients will be directed to Kalajoki and Merijärvi Health Centre.
Initial contact should always be established by phone:
Himanka Health Station / appointment booking tel. +358 (0)44-4691 803
Himanka Health Station / information and advice tel. +358 (0)44-4691 802
Kalajoki Health Centre / appointment booking tel. +358 (0)44-4691 502
Kalajoki Health Centre / information and advice tel. +358 (0)44-4691 505
If you have flu symptoms or you have or someone close to you has returned from abroad within the last 14 days, only the most urgent and necessary dental care will be carried out to you at Himanka Health Station (address: Kannuskyläntie 13, Himanka).
Other non-urgent appointments will be carried out at Merijärvi Health Station or Kalajoki Health Centre.
Please cancel non-urgent appointment if
– you have returned or someone close to you has returned from abroad within the last 14 days
– you may have been or someone close to you may have been exposed to the coronavirus infection
Initial contact should always be established by phone:
Dental care / emergency care for pain tel. +358 (0)44-4691 547
Dental care / appointment booking and advice tel. +358 (0)44-4691 507
Maternity and child health services
The Kalajoki Maternity and Child Health Clinic (address: Koppeli, Kalajoentie 6) has returned to its normal operation. Some of childrens’ health inspection have not taken place between March and May. If you are worried about child’s health, please contact the child health clinic.
Contact number for appointment booking tel. +358 (0)44-4691 557
Rehabilitation and therapy
Rehabilitation and therapy is operating normally.
If you have an urgent need regarding therapy or assistive devices, please contact:
tel. +358 (0)44-4691 470 Kalajoki
tel. +358 (0)44-4691 824 Himanka
tel. +358 (0)44-4691 722 Merijärvi
tel. +358 (0)44-4691 471 urgent physical therapy, non-risk groups
Osviitta mental health and substance abuse services
To set up an appointment, please call
Mon-Fri 8 am-9 am, tel. +358 (0)44 4691 558
Services for families and children
Services for families and children are operating normally. All appointments are handled by phone or electronically if possible. Outside of office hours, emergency social services are available via the national emergency number 112.
The social counsellor for services for the disabled can be reached by phone at tel. +358 (0)44-4691 855.
Work and activity services
Comprehensive Service Centres Maakari and Kuunari have opened graded from 1st of August.
Short-term care in housing services is not recommended, essential care is centralised as follows:
– residents of Kalajoki and Merijärvi are only provided with care at Mäntyrinne
– special needs groups are only provided with short-term care at Puistola.
In short-term care matters, please contact the service counsellor, tel +358 (0)44-4691 842.
- The housing service units and the inpatient ward should not be visited.
- Visits must be agreed on in advance with the personnel, and the coronavirus-related instructions must be adhered to.
Services provided at home
Home care is ensured for all clients.
Information desk Verkko’s telephone service is open Mon-Thu 9 am-11 am, tel. +358 (0)44 4691 595. If necessary, you can make an appointment with the service adviser.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Early childhood education services operate as normally, following the corona virus epidemic instructions on safety and hygiene.
- Early childhood education services will continue in the current premises.
- Parents must wear a mask when bringing / picking up their children.
- In Marttilantie, early childhood education pupils will have lunch in the cells, while comprehensive education pupils (grade 2) will have lunch in the dining room in groups.
- The personnel is advised to use protective equipment as in education services.
- Private early childhood education service providers are advised to comply with the aforementioned instructions.
Kalajoki Upper Secondary School will continue in distance learning until 18 January 2021. Comprehensive education will be arranged more loosely until 18 January 2021. More infonmation in this article: The major recommendations and restrictions in force in Kalajoki on 18 December 2020.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Kalajoki City hall is closed unti 18th of January 2021. After that normal hours are:
Kalajoki city hall is open from Monday to Friday 9 am – 3 pm. You should always set up an appointment beforehand.
Employees can be reached by phone and e-mail. Contact information is available at www.kalajoki.fi.