We are searching for an International Coordinator who is eager to develop the international activities of the City of Kalajoki and inspire future generations with an international mindset.
We are looking for an excellent communicator, in particular when using English as your main language of work and instruction. In addition, we are searching for someone with a knowledge of EU funded educational and mobility projects (Erasmus+, Nordplus) and finally someone who can instill confidence when teaching young members of our community as they begin their international journey.
The position is ideal for someone with energy, enthusiasm and the right kind of innovative thinking that can help advance Kalajokis international development and provide international opportunities to members of the community.
Primary duties of the position:
– Working to further the international activities of a number of schools with a focus on the Kalajoki Upper secondary high school
– Planning and teaching of an International Studies Course and International Studies Line in the Kalajoen Lukio – Upper secondary high school – (project based learning focused)
– Preparing, writing and coordinating a number of international education projects, in particular, Erasmus+ KA229 and Nordplus projects.
– Working with local teachers to aid them in the procurement and management of international education projects.
– Further development of Kalajokis already extensive international network with a focus on the current Izumo (Japan) Kalajoki cooperation
– We are looking for someone who can bring fresh ideas and positively influence our students and teachers.
– Experience in EU funded project management is a must with an emphasis on past practical knowledge in the creation of international networks and writing of applications.
– You will be outwardly friendly, enthusiastic, open to new opportunities and willing to contribute to the sustained future related to the internationalisation of the school network
– You will be able to work independently and use your own innovation and ideas in the production of projects and other international activities.
– Teaching experience is beneficial as you will need to be able to plan and conduct classes and activities as the need arises.
– As you will be supporting teachers in the classroom whose first language is not English, you will require an exceptionally high level of written and verbal English.
Please send your application via www.kuntarekry.fi before 19th June 2020 at 15.00. The position has a probationary period of 6 months. Ideally, the position would commence at the beginning of August.